Escape in to beauty

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rimmel Match Perfect Foundation-Product RAVE.

Its another early morning of no sleep on a busy day. So, since I have a few minutes to spare, I've decided to put up a blog. This time, its on this little gem that I found in my local CVS store.
I try to pick up various shades when I buy foundation because I can tan relatively easy and its difficult for me to just have one "summer" shade. Usually in the summer months, I can go from being as light as an NC35 (in extreme cases, usually I go as light as an NC40) to as dark as an NW45. Sometimes I can go from an NC40 to an NW 45 from just one day at the beach! Bless my skin for being resilient to sun burn, but it can be VERY frustrating when you are an avid make up junkie.

This particular foundation ranges from $4.99-$6.99 at the drug store. Very inexpensive, but for my taste, it is money well worth spending. If you are someone who likes full coverage, or even a medium coverage, I don't mean to waste your time. This is not the foundation for you and I will not be insulted if you click off this page. But for people who like a sheer to light coverage that is buildable to a medium coverage, this might be something worth trying.

I am absolutely in love with the concealer that comes from this line. Usually I tend to shy away from Rimmel foundations because they are so cheap. For me, cheap usually means MEH. But I decided that, since I love and rave about the concealer from this particular line, I might as well try the foundation as well. 

Here are some swatches of the two that I've picked up.
340 Nude
(Top photo: swatched; Bottom photo: Blended out)

520 Natural Caramel
(Top Photo: Swatched; Bottom photo: Blended Out)

This is what the two look like side by side:

As you can clearly see from the picture above, these foundations are very sheer and can look very streaky. So you must be wondering why I call this product a gem?
Answer: It blends out AMAZINGLY.

I use a standard buffing brush; my preferable brush of choice is the powder brush from E.L.F. It's basically a synthetic flat top kabuki on a stick. Dab some on to your face and buffing it into your skin creates a very evened out, flawless complexion that looks like natural skin. And trust me, I am a NAZI when it comes to foundations looking natural. I'm okay with having flamboyant eye shadow, but I am NOT okay with having foundation that is noticeably, well, fake.

The coverage is very sheer at most. I would compare this to a highly pigmented tinted moisturizer (if that makes as much sense as I think it does). If you have fairly decent skin and you just want something to even out redness and a few minor blemishes, go ahead and give this a try. I find that this is even buildable up to a medium coverage if you absolutely need to, but I find that this is a more suitable alternative to a tinted moisturizer.

Now, that last statement must bring up a few questions..why would I need an alternative to a tinted moisturizer? Well, I have combination skin. The outsides of my face tends to be dry while the insides of my face can range from oily to normal. I find that most tinted moisturizers can be too much moisturizer for my skin and causes me to break out. I like the formulation for this foundation because its water, light, yet pigmented enough that I can blend it in without it being so sheer that it does nothing.

Now, like I warned you at the beginning, this is not something for people who are looking for a cheaper alternative to a medium coverage foundation. This is sheerer then Neutrogenas Healthy Skin and a little bit more watery than a tinted moisturizer. I hope some of you found this helpful!




Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home