Escape in to beauty

Monday, March 12, 2012

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation

Daylight savings is such a pain to adjust to in the Spring! And today is not the day to get no sleep. Oh well, here's a quick review to start off (well..continue really) my 26 hour day :( I can't wait to get home tonight to take a quick nap before working again tonight. Oivey!



I've been trying out new foundations recently and I decided to go ahead and give this one a shot. There has been a lot of buzz about this particular foundation on Youtube for a few months so I decided to go ahead and try it out. The shade that I selected is 110 Honey Beige. It's the perfect skin color, however it is not yellow enough for my skin tone. #tangirlproblems? Can I get an amen..(AMEN!) I can easily fix that with a yellow corrector, so its not a big deal to me.

Swatches
(Bottom photo: In direct sunlight)
You can see from the photo that this particular foundation is warm toned. The yellow-ness to this foundation (for me anyways) is almost a neutral yellow, so it doesn't pull too yellow if you are someone who has a problem with foundations being too yellow for your warm tones. Sadly for me, I have the exact opposite problem. For some reasons, even higher end foundations are not yellow enough to suite the undertones in my skin. 
I have found, however, that this is the perfect foundation to neutralize your skin tone. 

Blended Out Swatches
(Top photo: Blended in Natural lighting; Middle photo: Artificial lighting; Bottom photo: Flash)

This foundation gives a light coverage to medium coverage, at most.  I do not see, in any way, how this would be considered a full coverage foundation. I prefer a lighter coverage then this, and I found this to be a medium coverage for my taste. If you are some one who likes complete full coverage, this is not the foundation for you.
I did find that this is very long wearing and blends in beautifully. I could feel it sitting on my skin, but it wasn't so heavy where it bothered me or even seemed to be a problem. Once this foundation sets, it doesn't really budge either. I had this particular foundation on for about 12 hours, having to blot once, and managed to make it work. It evens out your skin tone, but is still light enough where it feels great and you skin can breathe. 
As far as photos goes, I'd definitely give this foundation a pass. This is more of a foundation that should be worn on a day to day basis. It's very light, blends out to a natural finish, and is appropriate for day to day wear. However, the white cast when using flash is horrible. So if you are looking for a night foundation, or something to wear while going out, give this one a miss unless you are looking for a natural finish with minimal pictures taken.
 Price wise it runs between $12-$14 at most drugstores, however I suggest picking this up on sale. I managed to get my$9.00 including tax)

Overall I really like this foundation. I've been on a foundation kick lately and I have been trying a few out. If you've tried it, let me know what you think and how you apply it. I apply mines the standard way, I'll link my tutorial when its uploaded on youtube! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisah4907 said...

I wish they hadn't stopped selling this foundation in the UK!

July 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home