Escape in to beauty

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sephora Dare to Play Look

Alrighty, I plan on going in to a little bit more detail with this blog post.
This is the look I decided to recreate. I was shopping on the Sephora website when I saw this ad:
(ALL links are clickable for a bigger view)

And I thought: I can do this, this is easy.
So..I decided to make a tutorial on it.


This is the final eye look. As far as the face goes, its pretty standard. I'll list that at the end of this blog.
There are a few things that I did a little differently:
1.) Instead of using a teal green, I used a mixture of blues and sky blues.
2.) The inner eye light is not a blue, I used the same silver that I used on the center of my eye in the inner corner.
3.) I did not use fake eyelashes, all though, if I were going out I would throw on some fake eyelashes. They pull the final look together. 

I do feel like the blue makes this a more wearable look. Its bright, fun and very feminine. For some, this might be a little bright and in your face. These are definitely not fall/winter colors BUT they're such FUN, BRIGHT colors! A night on the town, parties, new years eve...this such a fun look I couldn't pass it up. I was...inspired I guess, lol.


To get started:
You want to prime and base your lids. Well...at least prime them. When I finally took the purple off, I found that even with a primer and a base it still stained my eye lids (for a while). 

I'm using Too Faced Shadow Insurance but I think using the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin would give this look even more of a pop with its shimmery base. I'm using a white base so that these colors really pop. I want them to be vibrant and really show up.


To get started I'm using this blue on the inner corner and I'm going to blend it up into the crease. Using a paddle brush, I'm going to pack the color onto the inner third of the lid. You're going to want to take the blue crease half way over the eye lids, like in the picture above.


Then, using a fluffy Sonia Kashuk brush I'm going to take this pink-lilac color and blend this into the outter half of the crease. This will help transition that purple out (basically help to blend out the purple color I'm going to use to add more definition to the eye).


And I'm going to be using this deep purple and mixing it with the one above it, I'm going to create an outter V and blend it into the base of your brow, but not past the pink-lilac color.

For the center of the lid I used this Prestiege Cosmetic Mineral Trio. I'm using the silver from this trio and I'm packing it onto the ceneter of my eye lid and blending them in to the purple and blue.


The brow bone highlight is very dramatic and bright. For this I'm going to be using a mixture of these two top left colors below:

Using a fluffy brush I'm going to blend the two colors together and use it as a highlight. Not only is this very bright and dramatic, but it matches the picture perfectly.

Under the eye I'm using a golden yellow color on an angled eye liner brush. I worked it right in to the eyelashes and across the entire bottom of the eye.


This basically completes the eye look. You want to line the top of your eye with any type of eye liner, tight line and line the water line with a black. Finish off with a mascara and you are complete. 

To finish the face off you will be using any type of matifying foundation.
Use a light pink blush on your cheeks and a bright pink-fuschia lipstick (perferably with a cream or matte finish) and the look is complete!

Viola, enjoy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home